About

Friday, September 14, 2012

The big project begins!

So this will be mainly a photo post to show the progress on the room and everything that was done. I left you last with a messy cluster f*ck of a garage.  This would be the beginning of a long big project.

This is the beginning, the garage corner is starting to get cleaned up.  I still had a lot of work ahead of me but luckily my dad was willing to lend a hand any time he could.  After cleaning the debris and all the junk out of the corner I now had to remove the shelving.



Once the shelving was removed it was starting to look more promising.


 What's a room without insulation?  We insulated heavy, not too heavy that it would be ineffective but as much as we could while keeping it working properly.




I came home from work and the lumber fairy had dropped off some wood to begin putting up walls and a ceiling.






 After all the wall insulation was in place and secured we started putting in a ceiling using the pre-existing rafters for the garage roof.


It's starting to finally come together and get me excited for what's to come next!



Got some studs up and finally getting the real layout of the room.


I went to work, came home and saw this.  Apparently my dad thought it would be a nice surprise to finish the room for me.  I didn't complain one bit :-P

0 comments:

Post a Comment