About

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wanting to grow!

I've always been the type of person that I don't just step into things, I leap! So when I start doing something I don't like doing it on a small scale, I want to go as big as possible.  So my breeding was now improving I was running into little mistakes here and there but nothing serious.  I would lose a pinkie here and there, or I would have a water bottle get stopped up and they would go a day without water. It got to the point where I was breeding more rats then I had needed.  I was ending up with about 20 rats every two weeks but only needed four rats a week for my snakes.  I reached out to my buddy who also breeds snakes and asked if he was needing any that I could sell him.... And then it began.... I sold my first round of rats to him for $25.00, which isn't much but for my little work, the fun I had, and the small scale I was doing it I was hooked.  I was always wanting to grow my snake breeding and now my rat breeding I decided I needed to grow. Here's the problem, my girlfriend.  She wasn't a big fan of the snakes nor was she a fan of the rats in the house.  I live in Ohio where the winters are cold and the summers are hot.  It was approaching fall time so I couldn't just leave them outside.  The garage isn't attached to the house nor was it insulated so that wouldn't work.  Then it hit me! I have an outside storage room attached to the house that wasn't insulated but was small enough that it wouldn't cost much money to get it ready.  I came up with a material list and then off to shopping! I got insulation, drywall, new door, and a light for the room.  I spent the next three days getting the 4ft x 8ft x 8ft tall room ready for the big move!  I got it all done (was not pretty but the rats and snakes don't care about looks) and I moved everyone out.  It took a while getting used to working in a small room but I quickly adapted and was excited to have free will over what to do in the room.  It seemed as if it couldn't get any better, and I was right, it quickly spiraled downhill.

3 comments:

  1. cool start..
    nice to see a good niche content.
    saw you on #sb earlier and we can help

    Hope to see lots more articles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extremely interesting, quite a unique blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's always fascinated me and I want to share my joy with everyone.

      Delete