About

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Time to move on

So I moved all the snakes inside for a week or two long vacation from the outside room until they were to be picked up by their new owner.  The time went by so quick it only felt like two days before he was here to pick up his newly purchased snakes.  On the flip side something that helped me get over the loss of my snakes was the renovation of the spare room in the house they were kept in for their final weeks.  My girlfriend and I (mainly me since she was pregnant) gutted the room and completely redid the room in anticipation for the arrival of our baby.  We had names picked out for either a boy or a girl and had room designs ready for both boy and girl as well. We had doctor appointment after doctor appointment and found out we were having a healthy boy.  We were both excited mainly for the fact that he was healthy but on top of that we both were wanting a boy.  We decided on the name Landon Joseph and also to go with an Airplane design for his room (I went to school for Aviation). We spent the next couple winter months preparing the room for the soon to be arrival of Landon.  At this point now it's just a waiting game for it to warm up to make progress on the rats and also waiting game for Landon to be born.  For the sake of an even more boring blog let's fast forward a little bit.  Spring time comes and after a lot of thinking and planning I decide for the rats to build a shed for them in the back yard.  I get my material list ready and I'm about to go to the store when my girlfriend comes up with a brilliant idea to use part of our detached garage.  The layout of our house/driveway/garage is a little weird so we don't use the garage for our cars, just to store junk lol. She suggested using a corner of the garage that way I would use two walls of the garage and would only have to build two walls and a ceiling.  This allowed me to use the almost same amount of materials for twice the size room.  Of course you know I was excited about that, twice the room for basically the same cost, sign me up! Only problem was this would postpone the project for a couple days to a week because I had to clean the garage.  And this is where I will leave you for the day, a dirty messy garage picture to be updated shortly!
The garage corner pre-cleaning

0 comments:

Post a Comment